वन वे नेटवर्क
By removing one direction of traffic from a network, the risk of crashes can be reduced.
This can be achieved through a reduction in conflict points at intersections, and may make pedestrian crossing movements easier with more orderly gaps in traffic.
One-way traffic systems are often used to replace ‘grid’ street patterns to:
- reduce congestion problems in city centres
- create access-only streets (usually for access to residential uses).
However, drivers may become used to the lack of opposing traffic and increase their speed. Also, one-way networks can be confusing for non-locals and increase travel distances.
- Reduced pedestrian crashes (pedestrians only need to look for traffic in one direction, and there are more orderly gaps in traffic).
- Reduced head-on and intersection crashes.
- Can allow better traffic signal timing.
20 years +
मामले का अध्ययन
|Examples of related Case Studies|
|Road Safety – Catalogue Of Case Studies|
|Pedestrian Refuges, Bicycle Lanes, Delineation and One-way Road|